However, among other changes and improvements, such as effectively getting rid of Cortana in this build, Microsoft also added a scrollable view option to Quick Settings.
Windows users will be able to add new quick actions and rearrange them as they wish. If the space is not enough, it will become scrollable, effectively optimizing the tab.
We are trying out a scrollable view of quick settings to some Windows Insiders in the Canary Channel as part of evaluating effectiveness of different layouts. As part of the change, rather than having to edit the list to add new quick actions, the user now has a scrollable list of quick actions that can be rearranged.Microsoft
Update: for those Canary Insiders who can’t see the update, Windows enthusiast @PhantomOfEarth found a trick to enable it. You’ll need to run the following ViVetTool command.
vivetool /enable /id:39593188
If you don’t know how to use the ViVeTool app to enable/disable hidden features, check this guide out.
Build 25967: All the details
Changes and Improvements
- The Cortana app is removed after updating to this build. We have ended support for Cortana – see this page for more information.
- System Components currently listed in Settings > Apps > Installed Apps page, have moved to its own page under Settings > System > System Components.
- Xbox Game Bar is now Game Bar under Settings > Gaming.
[Windows Subsystem for Linux]
- The September 2023 update for the Windows Subsystem for Linux (WSL) has been rolled out and includes networking improvements in the latest Insider Preview builds. See this blog post for more details.
Fixes for known issues
- Fixed an issue which was causing Insiders to see bugchecks (green screens) in recent Canary Channel builds when shutting down, logging out, or restarting.
- Fixed a white flash when opening File Explorer in dark mode, as well as an issue where File Explorer could get stuck with the wrong colors after switching between light and dark mode.
- Fixed a few issues that were leading to explorer.exe crashes.
- Fixed an issue where File Explorer sorting changes wouldn’t persist in folders after you navigated away and back.
- Fixed an issue which was causing icons on the desktop to turn into white generic icons until you refreshed the desktop.
- Did some work to help improve File Explorer performance, including fixing a memory leak which would impact performance over time, and fixing an issue where the tab would get stuck with a loading icon even though loading was finished.
- [NEW] If you need to roll back to the previous build (Build 25951) if this build has issues, you may experience an issue where the Start menu or Settings do not work. See this forum post on how to get out of this state. After updating to the next set of builds in the Canary Channel, this issue will be resolved for rolling back.
- We’re investigating reports that the print queue is no longer accessible.
- Some popular games may not work correctly on the most recent Insider Preview builds in the Canary Channel. Please be sure to submit feedback in Feedback Hub on any issues you see with playing games on these builds.