- The channel will feature experimental updates that will often break it.
- Builds for the channel will be released nightly.
- Expect it to malfunction from time to time.
Windows Terminal is a modern, fast, efficient, powerful, and productive terminal application for users of command-line tools and shells like Command Prompt, PowerShell, and WSL. Microsoft announced recently that a Canary version of Windows Terminal is coming, where users will get the latest experimental features.
Windows Terminal is distributed in a variety of formats. We are thrilled to announce that we are adding it to the Windows Terminal family. Windows Terminal Canary is a new canary build that includes “hot off the presses” experimental features (including our AI chat feature).Microsoft
And now, the channel is finally here, and users can download it on GitHub. But if you want to get accustomed to Windows Terminal first, before diving into the Canary version, you might want to start playing with it on Windows 11. Plus, we have a comprehensive list of shortcuts for you to use.
Windows Terminal Canary will introduce many experimental features, so if you join it, expect it to be highly unstable.
Windows Terminal Canary: Everything you need to know
- The channel will release builds nightly. According to Microsoft, every Terminal Canary user will have the chance to discover new bugs.
- The Terminal Canary installer on GitHub only works for Windows 11, for now, but a Windows 10 version is coming. However, according to developers, it is an evergreen, architecture-independent application installer that supports automatic updating.
- There is also a portable ZIP that works with Windows 10. However, the portable ZIP does not offer automatic updates, or automatic checking for updates.
|App Installer||x64, arm64, x86||download|
Prepare for multiple experimental and very unstable features coming to Windows Terminal Canary. These features will also break the channel from time to time, so be aware of it before joining it.
Will you try it?