- The Avast online content is unavailable error messages can occur for different reasons, including browser plug-ins.
- Clearing DNS on your PC will solve the issue of unavailable Avast online content in no time.
Using Avast antivirus on a PC protects users against viral and malware attacks. However, different users have reported The Avast online content is unavailable error message popping up when using the Avast browser.
Likewise, Windows users can encounter errors like Windows Defender blocking Avast antivirus.
Secure your devices with award-winning cybersecurity technology.
Maximize your PC's security and performance with top-notch digital threat detection.
Keep secure with groundbreaking AI detection and prevention technology.
Browse the web securely for up to 3 devices across Windows, Mac, iOS or Android systems.
Best security tool for intense browsing activity.
The Avast online content not unavailable error can occur for many reasons. However, the primary cause of this is browser plug-ins. Some browser plug-ins can affect Avast web scan making the website unavailable.
Furthermore, some common factors responsible for the issue are:
How we test, review and rate?
We have worked for the past 6 months on building a new review system on how we produce content. Using it, we have subsequently redone most of our articles to provide actual hands-on expertise on the guides we made.
For more details you can read how we test, review, and rate at WindowsReport.
- Firewall or security software – Avast online content may be unavailable if the system firewall or other Firewall services are blocking it.
- Unstable internet connection – When your internet connection is unstable or slow, it may cause difficulty with Avast accessing a website or content.
- Internet service provider (ISP) issues – Avast online content may be unavailable if there are issues with your Internet Service Provider. It can be due to maintenance, technical issues, or other reasons.
- Server issues – The error may appear if there are problems with the servers that host the content.
However, these causes can vary on different PCs. Hence, we’ll discuss some fixes as we go further into the article.
What can I do if Avast online content is unavailable?
We recommend trying out the following preliminary checks:
- Restart your Windows in a Safe Mode.
- Check your internet connection.
- Uninstall and install Avast on your PC and restart your PC to check if the issue persists.
If the Avast online content is unavailable after trying the preliminary checks, go ahead with the following advanced steps.
1. Add Exceptions in Avast
- Open Avast Antivirus and go to the Settings menu.
- In the left sidebar, click on General.
- Scroll down to the Exceptions section and click on the Add Exception button.
- You can either input the name of the file or folder you want to exclude from scanning or click the Browse button to locate it on your computer.
- Click on the Add Exception button to confirm your selection.
Adding an exception to Avast allows the specified file or website to bypass Avast’s protection and potentially be a security risk.
2. Clear the DNS record on your PC
- Press Windows + R keys to open the Run dialog box, type cmd in the text space, and then press Enter to open the Command Prompt.
- Type the following and press Enter:
- Restart your PC and check if the error persists.
If you are using a third-party DNS service, you may need to clear the cache on the DNS server itself or use a different method to flush the cache. Learn what to do if the DNS server is not available on Windows 11.
3. Temporarily disable Avast antivirus
- Right-click on the Avast icon on your desktop, then click on the Avast shields control.
- From the side menu, select Disable Avast and choose how long you want to disable it.
- Choose the duration to disable the Avast, preferably 10 minutes, then click Yes to confirm your actions in the Avast prompt.
All antivirus shields are off, which would appear to indicate Avast is disabled. All messages will appear in red in the main window when Avast is disabled.
Some protection features cannot be completely disabled. Setting these features in Passive Mode might be a preferable option.
Furthermore, temporarily disabling antivirus protection, if necessary, is recommended, and re-enable it as soon as possible. Read on how to stop Avast if you can’t get around the above steps.
Conclusively, you can check out helpful guides on Avast security’s inability to scan and how to fix Avast; this file cannot be restored error.
If you have further questions or suggestions, kindly drop them in the comments section below.